Disgust broke out quickly across the nation after news stories and videos that came out over the weekend show underage children in Texas tipping drag show performers at a gay bar.
“Drag Your Kids to Pride” was a horrific event with the goal of sexualizing young children which disturbed most people across the country, it unfortunately inspired California Senator Scott Wiener.
“Drag shows are no place for a child. I would never take my children to a drag show and I know Speaker Dade Phelan and my Republican colleagues wouldn’t either,” Texas State Representative Bryan Slaton tweeted. “I will be filing legislation to address this issue.”
Slaton’s statement further discussed:
“I promised my voters that I would stand up for their values and fight to protect Texas kids. I was re-elected on that promise and I intend to keep it by authoring legislation to defend kids from being subjected to drag shows and other inappropriate events.”
Slaton’s statement was encouraging to many that Representatives are willing to protect the innocence of children. California Senator Scott Wiener was also encouraged by Slaton’s statement, yet to propose a bill which would help in sexualizing young children.
In response to Slaton’s tweet, Wiener stated:
This guy just gave me a bill idea:
Offering Drag Queen 101 as part of the K-12 curriculum. Attending Drag Queen Story Time will satisfy the requirement. https://t.co/Sogz2Ag8jV
— Senator Scott Wiener (@Scott_Wiener) June 7, 2022
It sounds like Wiener wants every public school child to attend “Drag Queen Story Time” shows like the one in Dallas. Is this a joke? Wiener has a reputation for introducing outrageous legislation in the past including a bill to reduce penalties for child rapists; a bill to lower the age of consent for all vaccinations to age 12, and a bill to lower the penalty for knowingly infecting someone with HIV.
Let’s take a look at a few of the bills Wiener has authored:
- Wiener authored SB 145 in 2020, which would “exempt mandatory registration” for anyone convicted of “certain offenses” involving minors as long as the minor is 14 years old or older and the convicted person is no more than 10 years older than the minor.
- Wiener authored SB 239, passed in 2017, to lower the penalty from a felony to a misdemeanor for knowingly exposing a partner to HIV.
- Wiener authored SB 57 which authorizes “safe consumption sites in San Francisco, Los Angeles & Oakland.” At the “safe consumption sites,” people can use illegal narcotics under the supervision of trained staff in order to prevent overdose death, and infection.
- Wiener introduced SB 923 which will force all doctors to go through training to persuade them to say yes to treatments including using sterilizing drugs and surgeries on healthy reproductive organs of both adults and minors.
- Wiener authored SB 866 which allows a minor, 12 and older, to consent to vaccines “without the consent of the parent or guardian of the minor.”
This is just a short list of bills Senator Wiener has introduced that directly go against parental rights, Biblical truths, and the protection of children.
We must be aware of how legislators vote, and the bills they author. Citizens have every right to hold elected officials accountable. Do not let them get away with betraying the citizens they are meant to protect.