California legislators recently announced the most extreme anti-life bill California has ever seen, essentially legalizing infanticide. This bill removes all civil and criminal penalties for killing babies weeks or months after birth and is moving quickly. The Assembly Judiciary Committee has scheduled the first hearing for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 5.
A.B. 2223 is a bill promoted by the “Future of Abortion Council,” a coalition of 40 pro-abortion organizations whose goal is “to Protect, Strengthen, and Expand Abortion Services in California.” The Abortion Council is currently advocating for nine different pro-abortion bills, although they have stepped into a new level of evil with AB 2223.
This bill specifically protects a mother from civil and criminal charges for any “actions or omissions” to her pregnancy “including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.” The definition of “perinatal death” varies, although all include the death of a baby from 22 weeks gestation to 7 days post-birth or more.
AB 2223, authored by Assemblywoman Buffy Wicks, not only prevents the mother from being held accountable but also any person who “aids or assists a pregnant person in exercising” these ‘rights.’ A ‘right’ to kill a child post-birth should never be acceptable. How long past birth is still in the air.
However, Attorney and President of the National Center for Law and Policy Dean Broyles discusses, “depending on how the term “perinatal” is interpreted by the courts, this bill legalizes the infanticide of children several weeks after their birth and possibly as late as their first birthday.”
AB 2223, the Infanticide bill, is scheduled for a hearing in Assembly Judiciary Committee TOMORROW, April 5, at 9:00 AM in Room 437.
Tomorrow, we need you to call into the hearing or show up in person and make your voice heard. We must make it clear that Californians are not okay with the barbarity of AB 2223.
In addition, please reach out to the Office of Assemblymember Buffy Wicks today and let her know you oppose AB 2223’s infanticide.
- Contact: Samantha Huynh, Samantha.Huynh@asm.ca.gov, (916) 319-2015.
After you’ve called Assemblymember Wicks’ office, please click here to connect to your local Assemblymember and tell them to vote “NO” on AB 2223 when it comes before them for a vote.
We’ve included suggested talking points to make it easy. Your calls make a big difference! Let’s flood their offices before next tomorrow.
More Recent Stories on AB 2223:
- California Legislation Would Decriminalize Killing Newborns – Focus on the Family
- Newsom’s Abortion Council Opens the Door to Infanticide – California Family Council
- Pro-abortion California Bill could Legalize Infanticide for Months After Birth, Attorney Warns – LifeSiteNews
- New California Bill Would Legalize Infanticide by Permitting’ Perinatal Death,’ Pro-Lifers Say – Christian Headlines
- Free Abortions and ‘Infanticide’: Newsom Greenlights Coverage, Next Bill Would Legalize ‘Killing Babies Born Alive’ – CBN News
- Now, a California Bill to Permit Infant Death by Neglect – National Review