The following is a special message from CFC’s new Outreach Coordinator, Sophia Lorey:
I am so grateful for your financial and prayerful support throughout 2022. Despite the challenges, California Family Council stood firm in our mission to protect and defend Biblical values at the California Capitol. Your support enabled us to continue our work and make an impact on the legislative process. Thank you!
Some of you have recently begun to see me around at CFC events, in CFC videos, or on CFC social media. If we’ve not met yet, I look forward to seeing you at one of our events coming up in 2023!
I am CFC’s newest employee and am so grateful to work at our brand-new office near the State Capitol and fight daily for God’s truth. I recently graduated from Vanguard University of Southern California, where I had the opportunity to play college soccer while pursuing higher education and my relationship with God!
I was also blessed to spend some time living in Washington, DC, interning with Family Research Council. While I loved my time there, I knew God was calling me back to fight for His truth right here in California. Which led to me starting full-time at California Family Council in September. God’s hand was evident in every step that brought me to CFC, a story I hope to share with you all eventually!
As we approach 2023, standing firm for Biblical truths will be more important than ever! This past year Governor Newsom signed a dozen pro-abortion bills, and voters enshrined the right to abortion in the California State Constitution by passing Proposition 1. Unfortunately, my colleagues and I anticipate lawmakers will introduce even more legislation to target what we stand for as followers of Jesus. Regardless of what is to come, California Family Council is present at the Capitol and determined to protect life, family, and liberty.
While there were a lot of challenges in 2022, there were also so many significant events and wins.
This past year at California Family Council, we:
- Hosted our largest event at the State Capitol, AB 2223 Lobby Day! AB 2223 started as what we called ‘The Infanticide Bill,’ one of the worst pro-abortion bills we had ever seen. We stood up against AB 2223 (which would have initially allowed for infanticide) by partnering with our allies at Real Impact and Capitol Resource Institute to host a lobby day last April. Thousands of you showed up to lobby your legislators on AB 2223. While AB 2223 eventually passed, the author made several amendments that would not have happened with you all!
- We Marched for Life around the State Capitol in June, making a statement to California Legislators that babies in the womb have the right to life. We heard from some great speakers such as: Lila Rose, President and Founder of Live Action; Rebekah Hagan, Abortion Pill Reversal Mother and Pro-Life Advocate; David Daleiden, President of Center for Medical Progress; and many more. If you missed out on this, I hope to see you at our 2023 March for Life on Monday, March 6th!
- I had the opportunity to speak at the No on Prop 1 Press Conference on the steps of the Capitol. Proposition 1 unfortunately passed, and the right to abortion was enshrined in the CA State Constitution. But no matter what pro-abortion legislation passes, CFC will continue to defend life and promote truth.
- We hosted an Election Day Prayer Vigil! On November 8, we hosted faith leaders from across California on the steps of the CA Capitol to worship and pray over the election, California, and the nation. California and our country desperately need revival, and we must keep prayer at the forefront of all we do.
- California Family Council filed a legal brief alongside other Family Policy Councils around the country to protect the religious liberty rights of Lori Smith before the Supreme Court in the landmark Supreme Court Case 303 Creative v. Elenis. Not only did we file a legal brief, but our CFC President, Jonathan Keller, joined allies outside the Supreme Court during the oral arguments to stand for religious freedom.
What a year 2022 was! Get ready for even more in 2023!
CFC will continue to be your voice at the State Capitol throughout 2023. Although none of this is possible through your prayers and support.
Like any ministry, we rely on the generosity of our “investors” to support our work. Please consider a donation today using the form below!
This month, your gift will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $135,000!
As we partner together, God is moving in California. All across our Golden State, there’s still some GOOD, and it is worth fighting for!