[Editor’s Note]: Marking the start of a new year, January is a busy month for all of us! Coming up towards the end of this month in January there are several amazing pro life events and opportunities that California Family Council is very excited to share with you. Our staff will be attending as many of these events as possible and reporting back on them so that you can follow the latest updates as well. Be sure to pay close attention to CFC on social media so that you don’t miss out on great content!
Follow CFC on Twitter: @CAFamily
Follow CFC on Facebook: California Family Council
2017 Sanctity of Human Life Events
- OneLife LA in Los Angeles, CA – January 21, 2017
- Join thousands of people on January 21, 2017 in declaring a commitment to valuing and protecting all human life, particularly the most vulnerable in our community. In addition to a fantastic program, OneLife LA will be featuring live music, community partner booths, activities for children and families, and so much more! Be sure and attend this FREE event!
- Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco, CA – January 21, 2017
- The mission of the Walk for Life West Coast is to change the perceptions of a society that thinks abortion is an answer. Abortion does violence to women and to their children, both physically and emotionally. We deserve better than abortion. The goal is to be a vocal and visual message that people of the West Coast stand for life. To reach out to women harmed by abortion. To inform society of the damage done to women by abortion. The Walk for Life West Coast peaceably protests abortion, walking through San Francisco every year on or near January 22, the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion.
- Students for Life Conference West Coast – San Francisco, CA – January 22, 2017
- Students for Life National Conference West Coast is a jam-packed day full of seminars and talks on how to influence people to the pro-life movement, knowing your rights on campus, how to speak heroically about abortion, how to help women in crisis become heroes for their children by working with your local pregnancy center, making your campus friendly for pregnant and parenting students, theology of the body, and how to talk about adoption in the right way. The presenters include Alison Howard and Casey Mattox from Alliance Defending Freedom; Kristan Hawkins, Missy Stone,Bethany Janzen, and Lisa Stover of Students for Life; Josh Brahm of Equal Rights Institute; Rebecca Haschke of Justice for All – and many others. CFC’s CEO, Jonathan Keller hopes to attend this event.
- Evangelicals for Life in Washington, D.C. – January 26-28, 2017
- If you’re planning to participate in this year’s March for Life, I want to encourage you to think about arriving in D.C. a day early for the Evangelicals for Life conference. It’s our chance as committed, born-again believers to stand up and tell the world that the sanctity of life is something more than a political issue—that it is, in fact, an indispensable element of the gospel message. Jonathan Keller will be there all three days, and I will be there on Friday, the 27th, to learn as much as we can from this event and bring that coverage to you as well through CFC’s social media platforms!
- ProLifeCon 2017 – January 27, 2017
- On January 27, 2017, pro-life digital activists will gather at Family Research Council headquarters for the ProLifeCon Digital Action Summit, the premier conference for the digital pro-life community. At this 12th annual event, pro life digital activists will discuss the most successful online strategies of the past year and look ahead to the opportunities before us under a new administration. Activists, policy experts, and legislators will be on hand to discuss the issues impacting the pro-life movement, and share practical ways to make a difference for life on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and your online platform of choice. This event will also be broadcast live via webcast.
- March for Life in Washington, D.C. – January 27, 2017
- You probably already have heard about this event. Each year, the March for Life takes place in our Nation’s Capitol. This year, the theme for the March for Life is “The Power of One.” The March for Life Rally will take place at noon on the grounds of the Washington Monument, near the corner of 15th Street and Constitution Avenue. Following the Rally, the March will begin on Constitution Avenue between 15th and 17th Streets at approximately 1:00 pm. Both Jonathan Keller and myself, Joshua Denton will be attending and marching in the March for Life and I’m sure we will do a couple of Facebook Live videos so you can march along with us virtually.
- Students for Life Conference East Coast – Upper Marlboro, MD – January 28, 2017
- The Students for Life National Conference East Coast is basically an event mirroring the West Coast Conference, but strategically occurring the day after the March for Life to enable people who are in town for the March for Life to attend this event easily as well. The lineup of speakers and workshops is essentially the same as the West Coast Conference. I had the opportunity to attend this event last year and it is well worth it. If you have never been you will be absolutely amazed at the number of young pro lifers in attendance. Jonathan Keller and myself hope to both attend this event this year as well.